George Warman Publications, based in Cape Town, has been publishing for over 40 years.
This website is about two of our yearly publications: the Fishing Industry Handbook – South Africa, Namibia & Mozambique, and the Maritime Handbook of Southern Africa.
The Yearbook, covering the fishing industry for over 40 years, is our Fishing Industry Handbook (also available on CD). It contains almost 500 pages of valuable basic information about the fishing industry including fish catches by species, fish imports and exports, all details of fishing vessels, what they are licensed to catch and lots of other valuable information.
The Maritime Handbook of Southern Africa (also available on CD) profiles all the major ports in southern Africa. The Handbook details the number of vessels arriving at the ports, a summary of cargo handled and the number of containers landed and shipped.
Four Historical Casualty Charts lists wrecks around the coastline covering over 400 years.
- 1552 – 1913 shows 1,400 casualties which were lost at sea from when South Africa settled by Europeans until prior to World War I on an ancient map of southern Africa.
- 1914 – 1945 shows 379 casualties that are colour coded and accurately plotted on a modified navigation chart of the area between the mid Atlantic and mid Indian Ocean and into the southern Ocean.
- 1946 – 1984: 1,156 casualties colour coded according to type of accident and plotted, indicating density on a colourful chart with a picture of a salvage tug.
- The Agulhas 1673 -1972: A very attractive chart which lists all the wrecks around the Agulhas from 1673 – 1972.
- A beautifully illustrated wall chart of 64 Marine Species of South Africa. All the species are in real life colour with their name. This Marine Species Chart forms an accurate reference to angling, commercial and exotic marine species in South African waters.